This new labor-saving product ensures reliable feeding of virtually every type of signature fed from vertical pockets of the Heidelberg/Harris/ Sheridan line of FG, 755, 855, and SP-1000 series saddle stitchers. The easier, more efficient loading provides manning reductions whether running logs or hand lifts, while often allowing higher speeds and greater nets. Double drops are a thing of the past, with feeders now easily keeping up with heavy pagination hand-lifts in jaw-folded rotogravure stock. Elimination of the double drops means improved manning and provides additional pocket capacity on the line. New designs are being developed for applications to McCain, Muller Martini, and other vertical pockets.
The SuperFeeder-VPF applies the proven performance of the basic SuperFeeder, allowing it to deliver a controlled low-level horizontal pile to the VPF’s stripper pocket. The horizontal VPF stripper pocket uniformly shingles out the signatures on demand by a controlled vacuum stripping belt and stripper gate. Products are fed perfectly jogged to the pocket’s existing feed chains. Whether you are running lightweight 4- or 8-page weekly magazine stock, 16- to 24-page commercial signatures, or the heavier 56+page jaw-fold rotogravure sections, the machine keeps running. The result is fewer doubles or misses, higher speeds, and less manning. The VPF can be moved from pocket-to-pocket in under 15 minutes.
And where spiraling costs of workman’s compensation claims for repetitive motion injury have severely impacted operating costs, the SuperFeeder-VPF comes to the rescue. Loading this machine requires little or no hand jogging. The loading height is ergonomically friendlier than the normal hand-fed pocket. If you need significant cost savings in your manning, and are looking to increase the throughput in your stitcher operations, the new STI SuperFeeder-VPF needs to be in your bindery!
- Significant manning reductions-whether running lifts or logs
- Increased operating speeds without adding more feeders
- Reduction or elimination of repetitive motion injury and workman’s compensation claims
- Reliable feeding from lightest weight low-pagination to high-pagination signatures
- Reliable feeding with offset and rotogravure stocks, former folds and even billowy rotogravure jaw-folds
- Fast & easy make-readies. Great mobility pocket-to-pocket
- No significant pocket modifications required. Run “manual” whenever desired
- Optional addition of log-feeding multiplies manning reductions
- Easy operating controls and good access to the pocket