The Stand-Alone Belt Crusher Module has been designed for general pressroom applications, heatset or non-heatset. It can work directly inline with press deliveries or rotary trimmers at a maximum speed of 262 feet per minute. The modularity feature of this unit allows it to work with any stacker to improve the overall stackability of problematic products. A common problem with stacking is the uneven build between the spine or head fold side and the open sides. Due to the innovative belt design, the Belt Crusher Module flattens out the folds of the most difficult to stack products, thereby eliminating many stacker problems, from poor stack quality to jams. The specifications contained herein will help to identify the fit for the Stand-Alone Belt Crusher Module into any particular application.
A shingled stream enters the Belt Crusher Module at the infeed. The stream then passes through 2 sets of crusher rollers, trapped between upper and lower belts. This trapping effect eliminates relative movement of the product while the upper rollers are crushing it, which reduces the chance of gusseting or creasing. Manual adjustment of gap and pressure determine how much crush the product receives. The exiting stream leaves the module in a compressed state, ready for processing into a downstream trimmer or stacker.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Independent adjustment of pressure and gap, for both rollers and on both sides of each roller to ensure tight fold compression resulting in high quality stacks.
- Built-in auto speed tracking (0-10VDC PSF) capability for speed matching with press or existing equipment.
- Easy height adjustment (gas spring assist), to allow easy movement from one application to another.
- Numeric indicators on all adjustments assist in quick, repeatable changeovers from job to job.
- Heavy-duty construction ensures years of reliable operation.
- Rugged 1.5HP AC gearmotor for durable operation.
- Upper crush rollers pop-up when the top guard is opened for easy jam removal.
- Total-lock swivel casters assist in easy transport, alignment, and lock.
- CE approved guarding and electrical system provides safe operation without faulty safety interlock issues.
- Operator interface panel provides easy, intuitive access to main functions (start/stop, E- stop, manual/auto and speed).
- Complete AC-drive package provides many years of robust, maintenance free operation.
If you would like more information regarding STI’s stand-alone belt crusher module, please contact us!